1.0 Office Habit And Staff Relationship
Access Bank is one of the banks that its success today is due to the cooperation between staff. Its achievements also emanates from some of the laid down rules that is being adhered by staff. There are some of these habits which will look into in this work such as;
1.1.1 Punctuality And Time Management
In Access Bank plc punctuality is often the key to their success because they are very time conscious and manage their time very well both in coming to work and in rendering services to their customers.
Staff in Access bank was observed to be in the bank before 7:30am. According to the respondents staff come to work normally before 7:10am, at least a staff should be in the bank by 7:30am. But during meeting days staff should be in the office at least 7:15am and banking hall is open for customers at 8:00am on the dot.
1.1.2 Cordiality And Team Work
Working as a team is a prerequisite for the attainment of organizational goal, As the adage goes “Together we stand divided we fall. According to the respondent “Access bank has 3 ways by which the work as a team.
Explaining the objective of the bank to all staff (MBO)
Specifying works to staff or sharing responsibility (Departmentation) working together.
Management By Objectives:
An excellent techniques to guarantee participation is management by objectives.
It is designed to improve motivation of commitment by having the manager and employee jointly set objectives, Access progress on the objectives and evaluate the end results.
Furthermore the following steps illustrated below are used in implementing M.B.O in Access Bank and managers.
- The staff meet to review their job description.
- The employee or staffs managers jointly develop the subordinates goals for the agreed or time period.
- Review of the employees progress towards the goal by the manager.
- At the end of the specified period the employee and manager jointly evaluate the employees performance on the goal.
1.1.3 Time Consciousness
In rendering services to customers, access bank are time conscious. On that note, each transaction has its own specific time to be through with which is called SERVICES LEVEL AGREEMENT (SLA). For depositing N100,000 or below the maximum time spent on it is 3mins while transfers and other transaction has its own specific time. Staffs are also conscious in coming to work because of the laid down rules penalties attached to late coming such as:
Query by the supervisor or branch manager
Debiting of staff's salary, where junior staff are debited N500 and senior staff N1000. Late coming can as well be considered when genuine reason is been given.
1.1.4 Dress Code
- Access bank as a co-operate firm have a uniform way of dressing.
- This is also part of cordiality and uniformity in the organization.
- The female staff strictly go on a black and any colour of camisole or shirt that is not shawily.
- The male staff can also wear black suit or a shirt and a trouser, the colour of the shirt must be white or sky blue.
- Both male and female staff in access bank put on a black shoe no open toe shoe is allowed all shoes must be covered from front to back.
1.1.5 Motivation Of Staff
Motivation is the unwillingness to exert high level of effort to reach organizational goal, conditioned by the efforts, ability to satisfy some individual need. Motivators are those factors that propel actions of individual and thus provides potentials for morale. Access bank staff are been motivated through many incentives such as promotion, crediting of accounts and awards, and all these are been given based on their performance.
1.1.6 Personal Visitors
Access bank plc is an organized organization where staff are not allowed to bring in a personal visitor in the bank but there are some cases whereby the staff can be allowed to attend to personal visitor. In case of emergency the following caution are applied.
- Informing the manager or supervisor that, visitors are allowed if the manager permits the person.
- Stating the reason for the coming:Reason for visiting must be important and crucial.
- Specific time is given:Staff is not allowed to spend more than 20mins with the visitor unless after working hours.
Courtesy is a polite behaviour portrait by one to another and thus can be shown through greeting, addressing and welcoming customers.
Access bank has a uniform way of welcoming their customer such as “welcome to access bank” when coming in and “thank you for banking with us and do have a nice day” when leaving the premises.
Customers are Access banks priority in all the services they render, customer are never at fault, they are always “Mr. right” and are always appreciated through many ways such as;
- End of the years' gift
- Promotions etc.
Customers are not allowed to leave the banking hall angrily and are been impressed through the manner they are been welcome in “Good day Madam, My name is Michael, how many I help you”.