Knowledge management system is the process of capturing, developing, sharing, and effectively using organizational knowledge, it refers to a multi-disciplinary approach to achieving organizational objectives by making the best use of knowledge. The students of computer science department federal polytechnic Nekede Owerri make use of the knowledge management system. It is being accessed or used via the internet. If a student needs a help, a guide or wants to make a complaints or contribution to a specific topic he or she visit the uniform resource locator of the website. Navigates on the necessary link created for students to make complaints or contribution and thereafter wait for a feedback response from the administrator. The Knowledge management system is used on daily bases by students of computer science department federal polytechnic Nekede Owerri only.
1.2 Background of Study
Developing an interactive avenue for students and increasing the level of understanding relating to some technicality of the field of computer science.The following manual approaches where adopted in Knowledge management system for students of computer science department federal polytechnic Nekede Owerri.
- Mobile SMS: through the use of a mobile sms enquiry are often sent across notifying staff or students of computer sciences on the basic trends innovation in ICT
- Bill board: manual documentation report is always pasted on the board notify student on basic academic knowledge.
- Sensitizations programs: information on knowledge are always channeled or gotten from various departmental executives or course adviser to notify student on basic diversify areas regarding knowledge of computing.
1.3 Statement of the Problem
The problem encountered by the case study and its environment while trying to implement the activities of the topic;
- There is no assurance that challenges or enquiry stated by the students will be attended to at the same time interval.
- The issue of misplacement of complaints forms or suggestion book.
- Limited time constraints in solving student's complaints and other related issues.
- Lack of feedback to students with regard to their complaints or enquiry.
1.4 Objectives of the Study
The Design and implementation of knowledge management application, the objectives are as follows;
- To design a system that will facilitate quick / instant response to students complaints or challenges is guarantee
- It will enable the students or staff link to various instant massages platform of knowledge management systems.
- Assist the students or staff make better contribution.
- Instant Feedback will be achieved.
1.5 Scope of the Study
The following are the areas in computer science that the Project work will cover or exploit;
- Management information system: Is a computerized database of financial information organized and programmed in such a way that it produces regular reports on operation for every level of management in a company.
- Human computer interface: is the study of how people interact with computer.
- Data structure and algorithm: is a systematic way of organizing and accessing data.
- Computer programming: Computer programming is a process that leads from an original formulation of a computing problem to executable computer programs.
1.6 Significance of the Study
The following are the advantages of this project work.
- It will aid in creating a manageable, flexible and efficient information system.
- It will enable students make their complaint and get instant feedback.
- It will help reduces delay during the course of feedback.
- It will enable the user login and out at their own time.
1.7 Limitation of the Study
The following are the factors that gave headache while trying to do the project work
- Finance: the issue of financial constraint limits the frequency of investigation on the subject matter.
- No access to comprehensive knowledge management system database.
- Difficulty associated with coding and programming.
- Hosting and testing of the site.
1.8 Definition of Technical Terms
This are the technical terms you will see in the concept of writing this project.
Programming: is the process of taking an algorithm and encoding it into a notation, a programming language, so that it can be executed by a computer.
Expert system: Is a computer system that emulates the decision-making ability of a human expert.
Sensitizations programs: an Attempt to make oneself or others aware of and responsive to certain ideas, events, situations, or phenomenon.
Implementation: Implementation is the carrying out, execution, or practice of a plan, a method, or any design, idea, model, specification, standard or policy for doing something. As such, implementation is the action that must follow any preliminary thinking in order for something to actually happen.
Design: is the creation of a plan or convention for the construction of an object, system or measurable human interaction (as in architectural blueprints, engineering drawings, business processes, circuit diagrams ETC.)
Methodology: A collection of methods, practices, procedures and rules used by those who work in some field.
Scheduling: A function in many aspects of industry, commerce and computing in which events are timed to take place at the most opportune time.
Feedback: The signal that is looped back to control a system within itself.
Documentation report: is a set of documents provided on paper, or online, or on digital or analog media, such as audio tape or CDs. Examples are user guides, white papers, on-line help, quick-reference guides
Management system: is the framework of policies, processes and procedures used by an organization to ensure that it can fulfill all the tasks required to achieve its objectives.